FOR SALE BY OWNER
A Guide to Selling Your Home Fast!
5 Steps to a Successful Sale
- Price it right.
- Get the property ready.
- Let everyone know it's for sale.
- Make it available when buyers want to see it.
- Offer easy-to-buy terms.
Prepare Your House for the Sale
Small, inexpensive cosmetic changes can substantially change the appearance of your home and make it more attractive to potential buyers.
First impressions are lasting.
House Fix-up Checklist
- Keep lawn mowed.
- Keep shrubs neatly trimmed.
- Paint or clean fence.
- Clean/replace mailbox.
- Clean off driveway; remove oil stains.
- Clean/fix front walkways.
- Paint front door/house.
- If needed, paint interior with light, neutral colors.
How to Find Buyers
Your goal is to contact as many buyers as possible and to convert at least one of them into a buyer.
- Put up a sign - making it visible from both directions.
- Information Box - place below sign with details on property.
- Information Leaflet - include photo with property information.
- Distribute leaflet at:
- Housing Offices
- Bulletin Boards
- Shopping Centers
- Short Newspaper Ads
- Longer Newspaper Ads
Convert Lookers to Buyers
Inform your potential buyers of all the advantages and features of your home.
Listen to the potential buyers for their desires. Most potential buyers will not purchase on the first tour.
Follow up. Call the potential buyers within a couple of days to answer any questions that they may have.
Rules for Working with Potential Buyers' Objections
- Turn negatives into positives.
- Try to get them to come and see the house again.
- Keep records of telephone calls and appointments.
- Follow up.
Capital American Mortgage Company presents this information to assist you in the sale of your house. Other services we offer are:
- Information Leaflets
- Prequalifying your potential buyers
- Prequalifying you for the purchase of your next house
- Long-term fixed rate and adjustable loans
- Short-term "bridge" loans
- Mortgage financing for commercial properties
- Educational "A Guide to Home Ownership"
- Mortgage financing counceling